- Hotel de Vigny
- Rooms & Suites
- Le Baretto Restaurant
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Offers & Packages
The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
August 14th, 2013
A New Exhibiton at Musée Marmottan Monet
The Musée Marmottan Monet's new exhibition The Sisters of Napoleon will be offering a unique insight into the lives of Elisa, Pauline and Caroline Bonaparte. Paintings, sculptures, jewellery and more have been collected from descendants of the family to create the exhibition.
The event begins on the 3rd of October 2013 and will run until the 26th January 2014.
An Unique Insight into the Lives of Napolean's Sisters
The exhibit seeks to offer an unprecedented look at the Napoleonic Empire through the lives of its most prominent women. Elisa the Princess of Piombino and later, the Grand Duchess of Tuscany was Bonaparte's only sister to possess political influence. Pauline was the only sister to visit Napoleon during his exile. She was an imperial French Princess and the first sovereign Duchess of Guastally. Caroline was Grand Duchess Consort of Berg and Queen Consort of Naples and Sicily. The selection will act as a true testament to the beauty, charm, and wit of Napoleon's sister as they lived as mothers, wives and leaders. These royal women of Italy and beyond will have their public and private lives showcased in 140 exhibited works.
Stay at the 5 Star Hotel de Vigny in Paris to See This Exhibition and More
The 5 Star Hotel de Vigny, like the exhibition, is both beautiful and elegant. It is located close to the Champs-Élysées, and from here, the Musée Marmottan Monet is easily accessible via the Paris Metro system. The museum is a grand establishment located in the 16th arrondissement. The building, a former hunting lodge, has an impressive collection of Impressionist art, along with work from Monet and Morisot.
If you are staying at the hotel and require any assistance, or would like any further information regarding exhibitions in Paris, please speak to the Concierge. Should you wish to visit Paris for the exhibition, take a look at our offers and rates here.
Musée Marmottan Monet
2, Rue Louis-Boilly
75016 Paris, France
Open: 10am-6pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday-Sunday (last entry 5.30pm)
10am-8pm Thursday (last entry 7.30pm)
Entry: €10 / €5 concessions
- Winter Special Offer
Winter at Hotel de Vigny: Breakfast Included
- Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
- Early Bird
Book a Month in Advance and get 10 % Discount on Best Available Rate!
- Best Available Rate
This is what you are looking for : the best possible rate at Hotel de Vigny Paris
- Penatti Al Baretto Restaurant: Grand Opening March 2014
- Art and Culture in Paris this Winter
- Cartier: Style and History from 4 December 2013 at The Grand Palais
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Paris in June with Hotel de Vigny
- Roland Garros at Hotel de Vigny
- Edward Hopper Exhibition: Paris
- Paris Motor Show with Hotel de Vigny
- The Nouvel Orsay: An Impressionists Dream of Paris
- Paris Fashion Week 2012
- Christmas & New Year in Paris: Hotel de Vigny
- Vendanges de Montmartre 2011
- Classique au Vert with Hotel De Vigny
- Paris Plages for a Seine Side Holiday
- Spring Festivals, Events and Exhibitions Highlights in Paris
- Spend Christmas in Paris Champs Elysees
- Paris Monet Exhibition at Grand Palais