- Hotel de Vigny
- Rooms & Suites
- Le Baretto Restaurant
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Offers & Packages
Edward Hopper Exhibition, Exclusively in Paris
October 23rd, 2012
Edward Hopper Exhibition: See it at the Grand Palais
The Edward Hopper exhibition is taking place at the Grand Palais, Galeries nationales between October 10th 2012 - 28th January 2013 and will be showcasing a comprehensive collection of the artist's work.
Covering two main elements of his work, this retrospective exhibition will be examining, in great detail, his formative years (1900 - 1924), along with his mature years (up to 1966).
Creating American Realism
The exhibitions formative section contrasts and compares Hopper's earlier works with that of his contemporaries and a cacophony of Parisian influences; whilst the mature section centres on his evolvement into the driving force of American Realism
Delving into the complexities of his work and analysing the contradictory interpretations of his art, the exhibition is looking to offer a complete picture of the artist... even including some of the commercial illustrations he completed as part of a stoic 'day job' before finding success.
Hopper in Paris: Emergence
A large part of Hopper's early development is often attributed to the time he spent in Paris. He was influenced by the character of the city and by the work of Manet and Degas. Degas' hand is particularly noticeable in the creative stroke of Hopper's angles, symmetry and poetic drama.
Throughout his Parisian tenure, Hopper was driven towards impressionism, concentrating his technique on the exploration of harmony and sensual awakening. Back in the US he was noted for his involvement with the Ashcan School... before this collision of styles evolved into his unique area of American Realism to produce some of the most memorable art work ever created.
How to Visit
Located just off the Champs-Elysées, the Galeries nationales is within walking distance of the Hotel de Vigny... and if you are looking to see the Hopper, or any exhibition, during your stay in Paris, Hotel de Vigny's expert concierge will be happy to assist you.
The Edward Hopper Exhibition
Galeries nationales (Grand palais, Champs-Elysées)
3, avenue du Général Eisenhower
- Winter Special Offer
Winter at Hotel de Vigny: Breakfast Included
- Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
- Early Bird
Book a Month in Advance and get 10 % Discount on Best Available Rate!
- Best Available Rate
This is what you are looking for : the best possible rate at Hotel de Vigny Paris
- Penatti Al Baretto Restaurant: Grand Opening March 2014
- Art and Culture in Paris this Winter
- Cartier: Style and History from 4 December 2013 at The Grand Palais
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Paris in June with Hotel de Vigny
- Roland Garros at Hotel de Vigny
- Edward Hopper Exhibition: Paris
- Paris Motor Show with Hotel de Vigny
- The Nouvel Orsay: An Impressionists Dream of Paris
- Paris Fashion Week 2012
- Christmas & New Year in Paris: Hotel de Vigny
- Vendanges de Montmartre 2011
- Classique au Vert with Hotel De Vigny
- Paris Plages for a Seine Side Holiday
- Spring Festivals, Events and Exhibitions Highlights in Paris
- Spend Christmas in Paris Champs Elysees
- Paris Monet Exhibition at Grand Palais