- Hotel de Vigny
- Rooms & Suites
- Le Baretto Restaurant
- News & Events
- Offers & Packages
- Contact Us
Luxury Hotel de Vigny and the Vendanges de Montmartre 2011
September 15th, 2011
Vendanges de Montmartre 2011: A Unique Vineyard Harvest in the Depths of Urban Paris
The Montmartre wine festival springs to life in the 18th arrondissment every year under the shadow of the white domed Basilica of the Sacre Coeur. It is a spectacle quite unlike any other harvest festival in the world.
Located in Rue Saint-Vincent, this small vineyard produces over 500 litres of quality wine every year... and this unusual tradition of urban wine production - in a city already dripping with culture - is a glistening example of Parisian culture during the changing of the seasons.
Dancing in the Streets... Drinking Wine in the Sun
The harvest festival commences early in the day with musical performances, street theatre and storytelling... before a pilgrimage to Montmartre cemetery is undertaken for readings and remembrance. From there people flood the streets with a carefree air of celebration and joy.
Stalls spring to life and sell delicate Parisian street food, while the local wine flows in abundance. There are tastings galore, contests a plenty, parades, dancing... and a community spirit rarely seen in the centre of any metropolis.
Join the Revelry... and Stay at Luxury Hotel de Vigny
The event is not complete until the dancing display of fireworks are crowning the night sky... which rather than signalling the end of the evening... often lead to more food, wine and an array of celebrations that continue deep into the night.
Such an event does not take place anywhere else in the world... and the vineyard at Montmartre - perhaps one of the only urban vineyards to produce grapes and wine of such quality - deserves to be seen.
If you're thinking of joining us at this unique event - and visiting the majesty of Paris during the changing of the seasons - why not take advantage of the special Autumn Offer just announced at deluxe Hotel de Vigny.
- New Year's Eve in a Parisian Suite
New Year's Eve in a Suite
- Christmas VIP Package
VIP Christmas in Paris with Hotel de Vigny
- Winter Special Offer
Winter at Hotel de Vigny: Breakfast Included
- Best Available Rate
This is what you are looking for : the best possible rate at Hotel de Vigny Paris
- Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
- Art and Culture in Paris this Winter
- Cartier: Style and History from 4 December 2013 at The Grand Palais
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Paris in June with Hotel de Vigny
- Roland Garros at Hotel de Vigny
- Edward Hopper Exhibition: Paris
- Paris Motor Show with Hotel de Vigny
- The Nouvel Orsay: An Impressionists Dream of Paris
- Paris Fashion Week 2012
- Christmas & New Year in Paris: Hotel de Vigny
- Vendanges de Montmartre 2011
- Classique au Vert with Hotel De Vigny
- Paris Plages for a Seine Side Holiday
- Spring Festivals, Events and Exhibitions Highlights in Paris
- Spend Christmas in Paris Champs Elysees
- Paris Monet Exhibition at Grand Palais
- Le Baretto celebrates its 20th anniversary!
- Discount offers at Vallee Village Designer Outlet Shopping Mall
- New General Manager at Hotel De Vigny Paris
- Paris Romance at Hotel de Vigny