- Hotel de Vigny
- Rooms & Suites
- Le Baretto Restaurant
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Offers & Packages
The Nouvel Orsay: An Impressionists Dream of Paris
January 26th, 2012
Musée d'Orsay re-opens in Paris:
Located in the 7th arrondissement, on the banks of the Seine and just a couple of Metro stops from Hotel de Vigny, the Musée d'Orsay is once again open for visitors.
Following major restoration and restructuring, the museum has been generating rave reviews for its ambitious project to add fresh perspective to iconic works... and after visiting it earlier this year we can understand why.
Creative Goals: Refurbishment, Reorganisation & Rehanging
One of the main aims of this project was to reorganise, re-hang and redecorate the settings of the major works, in order to create a living exhibition and a cohesive blend of artwork and environment. Through this the gallery hopes to inspire a series of thought-provoking questions, in line with the intentions of the original artists.
In addition to this, the re-opening to the public in October 2011 brought with it some other exciting changes. The former engine house of this one time train station - The Amont Pavilion - has been completely renovated and reconstructed... and is now the grand setting for the European schools of decorative art.
Impressionists and post-impressionists
All these changes have seamlessly managed to add to the beauty of the museum's greatest assets; its extensive - and stunning - collection of impressionist and post impressionist work. Some of the greatest masterpieces from the hands of Monet, Manet, Degas, Renoir, Cézanne, Seurat, Sisley, Gauguin and Van Gogh can once again be enjoyed within its walls... and it's a Parisian experience you will not want to miss.
And if you want to stay at one of the finest luxury hotel's in Paris whilst you're here view these amazing artworks; here are some of the great rates we are offering at Hotel de Vigny this month.
- Winter Special Offer
Winter at Hotel de Vigny: Breakfast Included
- Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
Weekend Specials: Upon Availability
- Early Bird
Book a Month in Advance and get 10 % Discount on Best Available Rate!
- Best Available Rate
This is what you are looking for : the best possible rate at Hotel de Vigny Paris
- Penatti Al Baretto Restaurant: Grand Opening March 2014
- Art and Culture in Paris this Winter
- Cartier: Style and History from 4 December 2013 at The Grand Palais
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Paris in June with Hotel de Vigny
- Roland Garros at Hotel de Vigny
- Edward Hopper Exhibition: Paris
- Paris Motor Show with Hotel de Vigny
- The Nouvel Orsay: An Impressionists Dream of Paris
- Paris Fashion Week 2012
- Christmas & New Year in Paris: Hotel de Vigny
- Vendanges de Montmartre 2011
- Classique au Vert with Hotel De Vigny
- Paris Plages for a Seine Side Holiday
- Spring Festivals, Events and Exhibitions Highlights in Paris
- Spend Christmas in Paris Champs Elysees
- Paris Monet Exhibition at Grand Palais