- Hotel de Vigny
- Rooms & Suites
- Penati al Baretto Restaurant
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Offers & Packages
- Hotel de Vigny: Contemporary Italian Dining
Cartier: Style and History from 4 December 2013 at The Grand Palais
October 4th, 2013
Cartier is a jeweller with a sparkling reputation and a widely unexplored past. Cartier: Style and History will delve into the pivotal role the jeweller has had in the development of the decorative arts. It will explore its diverse collection of creations, past and present.
Cartier: The Jeweller to a Royal
The Panther is a symbol present throughout the jewellery and is perhaps the House of Cartier's most iconic image. It first appeared in 1914 as a print-like arrangement of gems on a watch, and has since gone on to feature across the range. When Jeanne Toussaint was elected Director of Fine Jewellery in 1933, the men around her were astonished by her strength, confidence and grace. For this reason femininity began to be explored through the metaphor of the panther and it came to appear across the Cartier range. The Panther was a design fiercely desired, so much so that it was worn by Wallis Simpson, the then Duchess of Windsor. Cartier was also commissioned to create a jewel-encrusted flamingo clip marked with the initials 'W.E.' for the couple's 20th anniversary.
Paris has been a place of boutiques for centuries, and has long attracted connoisseurs and admirers of fashion, jewels and decoration. The Grand Palais is an imposing exhibitor of design, art and antiques that brings boutique culture under one glass roof. It is situated just off the Champs-Élysées and is home to the National Galleries, where the Cartier exhibition will be held. The 5 star Hotel Vigny is a short 15 minute walk from the exhibition. View our best available rates online here.
- Roland Garros 2015
- Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris 2015
- Jeanne Lanvin Retrospective
- Exclusive Interview with Michelin Starred Executive Head Chef Alberico Penati
- Valentine’s Day at Hotel de Vigny
- Amazing Offers and Packages for 2015
- Hokusai Exhibit in Paris
- Hotel de Vigny Recognised for Excellent TripAdvisor Reviews
- Alberico Penati Opens New Restaurant at Hotel de Vigny
- Penati Al Baretto Restaurant: Grand Opening March 2014