- Hotel de Vigny
- Rooms & Suites
- Penati Al Baretto Restaurant
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Offers & Packages
Art and Culture in Paris this Winter
December 4th, 2013
January in Paris: Art, Museums and Exhibitions 2014
Paris becomes a little quieter during winter time, making it the ideal time to visit for those wishing to peacefully peruse the many museums and galleries or simply while away the days in a cosy cafe. January and February have become times of wonderful art and culture in Paris, with all of the major establishments putting on some of their best and most interesting exhibitions during this time. They recognise the need for a little cultural warmth during these chillier times, and provide it with vigour.
At the Jacquemart Andre Museum there will be an exhibition dedicated to the decisive art of the Victorian era. Desire and Sensuality: Victorian Masterpieces will take visitors to England during a time of strict Puritanism. The sensual nature of the artworks represents a rebellious strain of creative and poetic thinking which existed at the time, in opposition to the stern attitude of the mainstream culture. Much of the work is now iconic, and is sure to provide a very enlightening museum experience.
The Maillol Museum will be taking a closer look at the mysterious Etruscan period. Before the Romans, the Etruscans were the major force in the Mediterranean. It was they who established trade with the Greeks, and from them they took much inspiration for their lifestyle. Despite this, the time of the Etruscans is shrouded in uncertainty, and while we can gather clues from their distinctive architecture, paintings and artwork, we may never fully understand their language and history.
These are just two of the many museum exhibits that will be in Paris during the winter period. Stay at the luxury Hotel de Vigny during your visit and experience five-star service and amenities while in the very centre of the city. From the hotel, you will be within walking distance of the illustrious Champs-Élysées and many of the major museums and galleries.
Make your reservation or find out more here: +33 142998080
- Paris Spring Special: Luxury Stay Including Breakfast
Spring Special: Luxury Stay Including Breakfast
- Early Bird
Book a Month in Advance and get 18 % Discount on Best Available Rate!
- Best Available Rate
This is what you are looking for : the best possible rate at Hotel de Vigny Paris
- Five-Star Paris Stay & Gourmet Dining with Alberico Penati
Five-Star Paris Stay & Gourmet Dining with Alberico Penati
- Alberico Penati Opens New Restaurant at Hotel de Vigny
- Penatti Al Baretto Restaurant: Grand Opening March 2014
- Art and Culture in Paris this Winter
- Cartier: Style and History from 4 December 2013 at The Grand Palais
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- The Sisters of Napoleon at Musée Marmottan Monet
- Paris in June with Hotel de Vigny
- Roland Garros at Hotel de Vigny
- Edward Hopper Exhibition: Paris
- Paris Motor Show with Hotel de Vigny
- The Nouvel Orsay: An Impressionists Dream of Paris
- Paris Fashion Week 2012
- Christmas & New Year in Paris: Hotel de Vigny
- Vendanges de Montmartre 2011
- Classique au Vert with Hotel De Vigny
- Paris Plages for a Seine Side Holiday
- Spring Festivals, Events and Exhibitions Highlights in Paris
- Spend Christmas in Paris Champs Elysees
- Paris Monet Exhibition at Grand Palais